Crytek is pleased to announce that Hunt-Showdown Update 2.4 is now live. Please note, in some cases you may notice a decrease in texture quality. If you encounter this, please adjust the render resolution scale in the graphic options closer to 100%.
- Extended graphics settings - Users can now access a broader range of additional options that can customize performance based on available hardware.
- Loading time improvements - Optimized the time to get into matches on both client and server (Potential saving of 20-30 seconds).
- Resolution scaling - Players can now scale the game rendering independently for their desired resolution which can significantly improve GPU performance when users are GPU bound.
- GPU optimizations - Re-balanced low spec configuration and reduced GPU cost across the board.
- CPU optimizations - Mainthread will be more stable and generally more efficient thanks to a collection of smaller improvements in game code and systems.
- Matchmaking changes – Added an additional matchmaking bracket. Current brackets are now set to ranks 1 to 33 (with overflow to 50), ranks 34 to 66 (with overflow to 80), and ranks 67 to max rank (including prestige).
- Solo Missions – Solo missions will now be single target missions (1 Boss).
- New weapons
- Nagant M1895 Officer Carbine - A modified version of the Nagant M1895 Officer pistol with a long barrel and a stock.
- Specter 1882 Compact - A modified version of the Specter 1882 Shotgun with a foregrip and a sawn-off barrel. Wider spread, but shorter range.
- Crossbow Shotbolt - A hand-crafted crossbow that mixes the characteristics traits of a shotgun with those of a crossbow, utilizing bolts tipped with shotgun shells that detonate on impact setting off a cone of shotgun pellets.