Crysis Monthly Update #7 - November 2008
Willkommen zum siebten Crysis Monthly im Novermber 2008.
Diesen Monat geht es um folgendes:
- Patche von Crysis Wars
- Versteckte Geschenke auf MyCrysis.com
- Inside Crytek Interview´s
- Community Screenshot Contest
- Spooky Scenery Competition Over!
- Community Update Corner
Patches, Patches, Patches!
Ok, maybe only 2 but so far this month you’ve seen plenty of tweaks, changes and fixes when it comes to Crysis Wars, and everyone has seemed really happy with the changes that we’ve made.
Crysis Wars - Patch 1.1 Released!
Crysis Wars - Patch 1.2 Released!
- Forumbeitrag @ Crysis-HQ.com
- News @ MyCrysis.com
Full Patch Notes
- Fixed: Stand/Prone firing exploit by exaggerating spread of all weapons when transitioning
from standing position to prone position
- Fixed: Inconsistency between the HUD score and the score shown in the scoreboard
- Fixed: Disconnection caused by cheat protection for levels saved by the map downloader
- Fixed: Several client and server crashes
- Fixed: Several memory leaks
- Fixed: "" in level names in levelrotation.xml will now work
- Fixed: Incorrect weapon recoil after zooming
- Fixed: Claymore mines sometimes did not detect enemy players
- Fixed: Potential exploits using client cvars
- Fixed: Players not able to skip intro movies
- Fixed: Reloading and shooting with the AY-69 will not cause a second reload animation anymore
- Fixed: Saving of Favourite Servers and Last Played Server list
- Improved: Player icon, cross hair and round start messages visibility against bright backgrounds
- Balance: Reduced prices of AY and SMG
- Balance: Increased price of Shotgun
- Balance: Reduced price of the PS-Radar Kit
- Balance: Adjusted weapon recoil by any SMG and Assault Rifle type weapons.
- Balance: Reduced Kill radius of any Explosive Weapons
- Balance: Adjusted splash radius of any Explosive Weapons
- Balance: Reduced rate of fire of the Grenade Launcher
- Balance: Adjusted C4 vehicle damage
- Balance: Increased LAW rocket Speed
- Balance: Increased AAA Rocket speed
- Balance: Increased AAA Rocket turn speed
- Balance: Adjusted AAA Gun damage
- Balance: Reduced splash damage of VTOL rockets against infantry
- Balance: Increased damage of Helicopter rockets
- Balance: Increased SOCOM damage
- Balance: Increased AY69 damage
- Balance: Adjusted Stand to Prone modifier for weapons
- Balance: Adjusted Stand to crouch modifier for weapons
- Removal of online activation (ReleaseControl)
- Support of Linux server
- 64bit version
- Vista Parental Control file
- Added shortcut keys for Nanosuit modes
Auto Patcher – Server Side Hotfix
We've also implemented a full fix for the Auto Patcher system, which originally meant that some people were not playing on the same versions of the games which was obviously causing the community to not be able to find games all the time, but now that is fixed!
To solve an issue we have been having with the community splitting between several different patches we've added a prompt when someone tries to join an internet game it will ask you to update to the latest version of the game if you are not already running it. This will minimize the game window and open up MyCrysis.com where you can download the patch from or 5 other game mirrors.
Crysis Wars Auto Patcher - Update – Autopatcher Released
Download the latest patch from any of these links:
- Download from MyCrysis.com
- Download from EA Public FTP
- Download from AtomicGamer.com Mirror
- Download from FileFront Mirror
- Download from FileShack Mirror
- Download from GamersHell Mirror
Server Favorites Fixed!
This month the Crysis Wars dev team also fixed the issue with the Server Favorites not being saved properly, which meant every time that you restarted your client it would wipe the list clean. Now they save, and you can keep going back to that favorite server of yours time and time again without having to worry about it.
Hidden Present Bonanza!
That’s right, to celebrate the season to be jolly, we’re giving you the chance to win plenty of special Christmas present! This little game can be entered by any member of MyCrysis.com, and all they need to do is find some of the presents we’ve hidden on the MyCrysis website. They could be on any page, and it’s up to you to find them. Be sure to check MyCrysis over the next few days as all of the information about this giveaway will be announced, and we'll give you a sneak peak at some of the great prizes we've got waiting for you!
This month saw the start of our ‘Inside Crytek’ web article series. This is a series of Q&A's with different members of the Crytek team, where they answer questions on all sorts of topics. These are not just ordinary interviews though. Once their intro has been posted you get the opportunity to ask them your questions! There will be plenty more of these coming up in the future, so keep an eye out and make sure to ask your questions to the Crytek Staff!
- Inside Crytek - Introduction
- Inside Crytek - Eddy Dew
- Inside Crytek - Simon Fuchs - Community Answers!
- Inside Crytek - Simon Fuchs
Be sure to keep checking back on the site as these articles go out weekly, and they're definitely not to be missed!
Community Screenshot Contest
We also hosted a contest to boost some content to the Crysis Wars image gallery on the site. This is still going on guys, so be sure to check it out, as there is still time to win 5 more T-shirts!
Here you'll be able to get some great shots going on, and also there is always a chance of some face time with some of the team around lunch.
Spooky Scenery Contest
Carrying on from our Celebration of Halloween we gave you guys the chance to make your scariest pictures in the Sandbox2 editor and then display them to the whole community. The top prize for this was a brand new Graphics Card and a signed copy of Crysis Warhead. The competition may be over but the results are still being debated, so be sure to keep checking back because they'll be announced very soon.
Community Update Corner
This is the section where we pull together fun and interesting things that you guys have been working on or found all throughout the Crysis Universe. This month in the Community Update Corner we've got lots of cool things for you to have a look at.
MyCrysis Steam Community
It's always really nice for us when members of the MyCrysis community reach out and try and get other people involved, and do something innovative to try a boost and expand the group we have here.
Unofficial MyCrysis Steam Community!
This month has seen loads of fantastic fan art being posted on both Crymod and MyCrysis, all of which is great, however, one stood out more than the others, and this is the one we're featuring this month.
Remember to keep posting your fan art, we all love looking at some of the excellent work people have to display, and if it's really good then it may even get a mention in next months update!
Tis the Season!
That's right, it's coming up to that time of year again, and here in
- MyCrysis Team