Crysis Mod SDK V1.0 released
Crysis Mod SDK v1.0 Hits The World-Wide Community!
Today the existing world-wide modding community of Crysis will receive a major boost as Crytek is happy to release the first version of the Mod Software Development Kit for the award-winning FPS.
Mod SDK - Description
With the tools and the assets provided now modders will be able to not only get their own creations exported into the Sandbox2 Editor but will also be able to create complete new levels and modifications with outstanding content.
This SDK is only the first version that has been released to the community in order to provide the necessary exporters, plug-ins, and also respective documentation.
Next to some basic sample assets that provide information on how to set things up correctly, this SDK also includes a few serious game assets. These are high poly objects that can be used as reference for own creations.
With patch 1.2 not being far away from being released, the SDK will get updated with the game source code. The update will then be available for download around the patch is released.
Um die ganze News zu lesen klicken Sie bitte auf den "Mehr..." Link! (Englische News)
UPDATE @ 23:13 Uhr: Unser Community Mitglied und Moderator "Kolga" hat die ToD (Time of Day) Settings der "Suit Demonstration" Map, welche im SDK enthalten ist, etwas verändert. Download über die Related Links.
- Komplette Mitteilung
- "Forumbeitrag" @ Crysis-HQ.com
- Download "Suit_Demonstration ToD MOD v1.0" @ Crysis-HQ.com
- Download "Suit_Demonstration ToD MOD v1.0" @ Crymod.com
- Download "Crysis Mod SDK v1.0" @ Crysis-HQ.com
- Download "Crysis Mod SDK v1.0" @ Crymod.com
Mod SDK – Content
The list below represents everything modders will find from the 400MB sized package. To download the Mod SDK please follow this link.
• Resource Compiler (32 bit only)
• CryExport plug-in for 3DS Max 8 (32 bit only), Max 9 and Max 2008 (32 and 64 bit)
• Polybump plug-in for 3DS Max 8 (32 bit only), Max 9 and Max 2008 (32 and 64 bit)
• Polybump application (32 and 64 bit)
• CryTIFF plug-in for Adobe Photoshop (32 bit only)
• FMOD Designer Tool (32 bit only)
• Rigging, Artist, Animation Tools for 3DS Max
• SDK_Mod (inclusive “Nanosuit Playground” level)
• First person model (pure hands, with weapon)
• Third person run animation
• Properties (doors, glass, jointed breakables, ladders)
• Whitebox human male model
• Whitebox head model
• Weapons (SCAR)
• Weapon attachments (magazine, silencer, scope)
• Weapon attachment scripts
• Vegetation (bushes, grass, trees)
• Vehicles (helicopter)
Serious Game Assets:
• HMMWV Vehicle high poly model
• HMMWV Vehicle high poly model for 3DS Max 2008
• HMMWV Vehicle scripts
• Abrams Tank high poly model
• Abrams Tank scripts
Cevat’s Community Note
In addition to the whole surprisingly SDK release Cevat Yerli, founder and CEO of Crytek also would like to take the opportunity and send some words directed to the world-wide community:
Dear Crysis Community,
About 3 months ago Crysis shipped worldwide. We started collecting feedback and were confident that we would be able release our first Patch one week after the release. Unfortunately we underestimated the challenges and were forced to move the release of our patches and the full SDK to 2008.
Since the Demo Release and the Crysis Full Release we have seen wonderful creations of art, design, movies from our community and talented teams have formed to create the next generation of Crysis MODs.
We as Crytek are thrilled to see the talent, engagement, passion and creative potential out there.
We always planned to release the MOD C++ SDK close to the Crysis ship date.
To be plain honest we simply did a bad job, and I personally want to apologize for it. I know the community is growing on a daily base, whilst other members are getting upset and disappointed. We always strife for the highest quality, and sometimes this becomes our Achilles heel.
Within the last few weeks we have been working extra hard to get the first version of the SDK ready for the community. With the tools, the example assets and the updated documentation we hope that it will kick-start your mod development.
We have big plans in engaging the community, making you an even larger part of the future of Crytek which we will share with you soon.
You are the reason why we do games.
On behalf of everyone at Crytek, I want to say big thanks for your support, feedback and engagement in the community. We do our best to listen to you.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Documentation – Sandbox2 Manual Update
In addition to the huge SDK package it was also important to update the documentation accordingly. The already available “Sandbox2 Manual“ has been extended by a few new references which are listed here:
• Entities – Volume Object
• Rollup Bar
Documentation - Asset Creation Update
We also would like to introduce you to a completely new manual called “Asset Creation”. This manual is especially meant to be used in conjunction with the Crysis Mod SDK and covers various topics regarding asset creation, installing the CryTools and using these together with modeling programs and the Sandbox2 Editor.
All the included tutorials and references are still Work In Progress material and will get updated within the next days and weeks. Thus it might happen that you read about a functionality that is partially working or differently used to what is written.
• Installing the 3DS Max Exporter
• Installing the SOFTIMAGE|XSI Exporter
• Installing the CryTIF Plugin
Basics – General Info:
• Creating Objects in 3dsMax and Exporting to CryEngine2
• Using the SOFTIMAGE|XSI Exporter
• Material Setup
• Level of Detail
• Exporting and Importing Animations
• Physics Proxy Setup
• Mass & Density Setup for assets used as Entities
• Instancing Objects
• Occlusion proxy
• Pickable Objects
Basics – Breakable and Destroyable Objects:
• Breakable Objects
• Procedural Breaking 2D Objects
• Procedural Breaking 3D Objects
Basics – Natural Objects:
• Tree Setup
• Bush Setup
• Grass Setup
• Vegetation Shader
• Touch Bending
• Detail bending for Vegetation
• Soft Cover
Basics – Vehicles:
• Vehicle Setup
• Car Setup
• Tank Setup
• Helicopter Setup
Basics – Weapons:
• 3rd person weapon models and attachments
• Character Creation Tutorial
• How to export a head with morphs
• How to create Wrinkle maps
• How to export a texture from Photoshop with the CryTIF plugin
• Using the Polybump application
• Polybump Tool Reference
As usual you can find the complete official documentation on http://doc.crymod.com.
Enjoy the content and happy modding!
-Crysis Dev Team
To find more information and support visit Crytek’s official portal www.crymod.com.