The FarCry Version 1.2 Patch is not avaible until now but the "ChangeLog" is published in the meanwhile. The changes sounds very good.
* Made the run speed about 15% faster
* Made sprint last 30% longer
* Adjusted damage to vehicles
* Vehicles now survive longer in multiplayer and behave consistently between weapon damage types
* Bullet damage can be disabled by "g_vehicleBulletDamage" cvar: 0 = no bullet damage (default), 1 = bullet damage; this works only in MP.
* MP vehicles can get the same damage from every kind of bullet (no distinction between sniper rifle and the deagle), this value is set by 'dmgBulletMP' variable inside 'DamageParams' table of the vehicle.
* Buggy, humvee and gunboat can be destroyed with one rocket.
* Bigtruck can be destroyed with three rockets.
* Buggy and gunboat can be destroyed with 100 bullets (if g_vehicleBulletDamage = 1)
* Humvee can be destroyed with 150 bullets (if g_vehicleBulletDamage = 1)
* Bigtruck can be destroyed with 500 bullets (if g_vehicleBulletDamage = 1) Bug fixes
* Investigated a number of serious issues with headshot detection
* Various network improvements
* Vehicle damage code cleaned and made more consistent for modders
* Fixed some issues with ladder animations appearing odd to other players
* Fixed a number of ladder related bugs
* Added better quicksave state saving for single player (corrected around 100 bugs)
* Fixed bug where players name tag didn't show up in multiplayer
* Fixed bug where console would accept letters as variable states
* Fixed error with warning message in connection dialogue
* Fixed issue with connection dialogue error message
* Fixed incorrect HUD message
* Fixed server shutdown dialogue error message
* Fixed a number of issues with the server listing not displaying correctly (greyed out)
* Fixed UI bug that caused cancel button not to work
* Fixed issue causing server create sessions not to be saved
* Fixed issue with Radeon 9600 rendering issue
* Fixed Punkbuster crash when switching from punkbuster online server to hosting LAN server
* Fixed issue with punkbuster icon not showing up in the server listing
* Fixed random crash relating to punkbuster server listing info
* Fixed issue with punkbuster refusing connection to a server that is destroyed and then re-hosted
* Fixed a number of crash problems related to punkbuster server creation with non-dedicated servers
* Fixed issue with punkbuster enabled in multiple server profiles
* Disabled e_vegetation_min_size in multiplayer (used as cheat)
* Added optimizations for character effects including invulnerability shader
* Added optimizations for scoreboard performance. Scoreboard no longer updates fields that have not changed
* Fixed issue where radar would not be drawn correctly with certain game type changes
* Fixed framerate issue when player touched assault ammo pickups
FarCry Patch Version 1.2 ChangeLog